Tips to Strengthen High Frustration Tolerance
- List all the advantages of putting up with highly frustrating tasks and people and the disadvantages of avoiding tasks and people; review the list regularly.
- Get in the habit of engaging rather with rather than avoiding highly frustrating tasks and people who are difficult in order to achieve pleasant results in the long-term.
- To increase your tolerance for frustration, ask yourself these type of questions when life pulls a fast one on you:
– ‘Is this situation really so terrible or is it just highly inconvenient?’
– ‘Is it true that I can’t stand this situation or is it more so that I don’t like this situation?’
– ‘Is this situation truly unbearable or is it just very difficult to bear?’
Close this tab to return to survey by clicking x on the upper, right-hand side of tab.