How to help young people feel worthwhile no matter what
Preview this resource and discover why Self-Acceptance needs to be an essential part of every school’s wellbeing program.
Preview access request form
Complete the form below and we will send you FULL PREVIEW access to the elearning program.
3-PART STUDENT-DRECTED ELEARNING PROGRAM
Suitable for ages 9 to 16+
When purchasing the Accepting Myself program for your students you receive access to:
A 3-part, online eLearning program takes 30 to 60 minutes which students can complete in school or at home:
Part 1. ACCEPTING MYSELF. The Journey,
Part 2. YOU-TOPIA. Be Yourself,
Part 3. YOUR UNIVERSE. Take Command.
Students need access to the internet using a computer or tablet. The eLearning program takes place in outer space where students select one of two avatars to guide them through the universe. Throughout each of the three parts, students engage with interactive and fun activities that help to personalise and teach the ABCs of self-acceptance.
The Leaders Guide contains:
- Background to program including key ideas presented
- How to achieve student buy-in to the program
- How the program can be presented at school
- How the program can be presented at home
- In the days and weeks following program completion, explanations, strategies and techniques to reinforce program content
- Additional strategies to help strengthen students’ self-acceptance
3-Part Program Review and Extension Activities
- Program leader may elect to present to students after each of the three parts of the program or after completion of the full program, additional, online leader-guided activities that reinforce the key messages, skills and tools independently completed by students. These activities help students reflect on, question, personalise and process what you have covered online by yourself.
Upon completion of the full eLearning Accepting Myself program, students can download an interactive Tool Kit containing activities and resources they can use to extend their learning from the program and to continue to strengthen their self-acceptance including: Memory Refresher, See Your Positives, Be Proud, Accepting Myself Survey, The Catastrophe Scale and Four-Week Action Plan.
This 30-minute online professional learning program educators can log into and complete before introducing students to the online eLearning Accepting Myself Program. The Strength of Self-Acceptance is presented by Michael Bernard.
The learning objectives are:
- Define self-acceptance,
- Identify the extent of your self-acceptance,
- Explain the relationship between self-acceptance and wellbeing,
- Discuss with students the choice they have in how they think about themselves when experiencing difficulties in achievement of when encountering criticism/rejection,
- Help students identify self-accepting self-talk, and
- Describe different practices for teaching students self-acceptance.
This downloadable guide presents parents with information they need to appreciate the importance of self-acceptance, key ideas taught in the eLearning program and what they can say and do to support their child’s self-acceptance at home. Sample topics:
- Why this program is needed.
- Self-acceptance is the foundation of mental health and wellbeing.
- How the program works.
- Important ideas for building self-acceptance.
- Things you can say or do to strengthen your child’s self-acceptance.